Allied health careers
Our Allied Health professionals at Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary teams caring for our patients.
We have opportunities from graduate roles to experienced practitioners in the following allied health areas:
- Clinical Measurements (Cardiac, Respiratory, Sleep)
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Medical Physics
- Occupational Therapy
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Radiation Therapy
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging
- Research funding and incentives to further study
- Professional development and clinical training
- Diverse career opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements, leave entitlements and paid study leave
Read the full list of benefits of working for Metro North Hospital and Health Service.
Career and professional development
We are committed to ensuring our allied health professionals reach their individual career goals. We have a range of opportunities for professional development.
- Research opportunities
- Training programs and events
- Graduate support and mentoring
- Interdisciplinary collaborations across MNHHS, local, national and international institutions
- Strong partnerships with local universities
- Annual staff excellence awards
- Local, state, national and international conferences
Requirements to practice
There are specific requirements to practice in Australia for allied health professionals. Find out information about requirements to practice for each discipline and for internationally qualified allied health professionals.
- Mandatory vaccinations
- Criminal history check
- Other pre-employment checks including working with children
Find out more about pre-employment requirements.
Are you an allied health new graduate looking for work? Some allied health services offer a comprehensive graduate program so you can put your knowledge into practice. Please note, not all allied health services have a graduate intake program. Visit Queensland Government Graduate Portal to check the latest graduate round offers in your profession.
How to apply
Find your job on the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Location: Level 2 Ned Hanlon and Dr James Mayne Building
Phone: (07) 3646 8111
Find a job
Current Allied Health vacancies on SmartJobs.