- As Queensland Health employees Metro North staff receive competitive salaries.
- Salary packaging is a tax effective way of receiving your salary as a combination of income and benefits. By reducing your pre-tax income you can reduce the amoun tof tax you pay and increase the amount you take home each pay.
- Employees are able to salary package through RemServ or SmartSalary.
- A new bus travel benefit card has been developed, enabling eligible employees to use pre-tax salary to pay for travel to and from work on TransLink’s South-East Queensland bus network. Employees can contact their salary packaging provider for further information.
- Including extra annual leave for work on public holidays, family leave to care for family members (such as sick children), long service leave, paid parental leave, sick leave and leave without pay to travel.
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Employer contribution up to 12.75 per cent
- QSuper is your employer’s nominated super fund and an account will be opened automatically for you when we have received a contribution from your employer.
- You can choose a fund other than QSuper by completing a form provided to you in your new starter kit and give it to your employer.
- Shift and on-call allowances for specific roles.
- We are committed to developing our employees through on-the-job training as a range of other opportunities.
Paid study leave
- You may be eligible for paid study leave and financial assistance for courses relevant to your work.
Flexible working conditions
- Most employees have access to flexible working arrangements.
- Enjoy the lifestyle that south-east Queensland offers with flexible rosters, time off in lieu, and generous leave allowances.
- Queensland Health values the contribution of employees with family responsibilities to the delivery of quality services. This includes support for mothers returning to work after parental leave.