Allied health careers
Our allied health professionals and allied health assistants at Redcliffe Hospital work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary teams caring for our patients.
We have temporary or permanent opportunities from graduate roles to experienced practitioners in the following allied health areas:
- Cardiac clinical measurements unit
- Respiratory function testing
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Occupational therapy
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Medical imaging
If you are an allied health assistant, we occasionally have temporary or permanent positions available.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging
- Professional development and clinical training
- Diverse career opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements, leave entitlements and paid study leave
Read the full list of benefits of working for Metro North Hospital and Health Service.
Career and professional development
We are committed to ensuring our allied health professionals reach their individual career goals. We have a range of opportunities for professional development.
- Research opportunities
- Training programs and events
- Graduate support and mentoring
- Interdisciplinary collaborations across Metro North Hospital and Health Service, local, national and international institutions
- Strong partnerships with local universities
- Annual staff excellence awards
- Local, state, national and international conferences
Requirements to practice
There are specific requirements to practice in Australia for allied health professionals. Find out information about requirements to practice for each discipline and for internationally qualified allied health professionals.
- Mandatory vaccinations
- Criminal history check
- Other pre-employment checks including working with children
Find out more about pre-employment requirements.
Are you an allied health new graduate looking for work? Some allied health services offer a comprehensive graduate program so you can put your knowledge into practice. Please note, not all allied health services have a graduate intake program. All professions are advertised on Smart Jobs.
How to apply
If you are applying for an advertised allied health position, here are some tips for your job application.
Express your interest
Would you like to join our casual pool or would you like to know more about our student placement opportunities? Get in touch by sending an email to RedH-Allied-Health@health.qld.gov.au.
Allied Health Department
Phone: (07) 3883 7777
Find a job
Current Allied Health vacancies on SmartJobs.