We provide care and treatment for people with gastrointestinal (gut) conditions. These conditions include:
- general gastroenterology (oesophageal, stomach, small and large bowel disorders and cancers)
- inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- irritable bowel syndrome (non-inflammatory conditions of the gut)
- liver or hepatology (medical management of liver diseases)
- coeliac, nutrition, food intolerances and deficiencies.
We offer a wide range of services including:
- endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures (for investigation, diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the digestive system and the bile ducts)
- local and remote hepatology services (medical management of liver diseases)
- bowel cancer screening
- oesophageal manometry service (specialist investigation of the gullet)
- outpatient clinics
- telehealth clinics
- day cases
- inpatient care.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
Please advise your healthcare professional if you require interpreter services during your clinic appointment or procedure.
After your hospital appointment
Your doctor may advise that you require surgery. If this is the case you will be placed on a surgical waiting list and may need to attend the Pre-admission Clinic before your surgery.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- An adult carer to support you and take you home
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney (if you have one)
- A jacket or cardigan in case you get cold
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
Endoscopy (Building 4)
Location: Building 4, The Prince Charles Hospital
Open: Monday-Friday 7.00am-6.00pm
Phone: (07) 3139 4199
Fax: (07) 3139 4956
Phone: (07) 3139 4207
Fax: (07) 3139 6139
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Gastroenterology referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline:
1300 364 938