Rehabilitation Day Therapy Unit
We specialise in care for people who need rehabilitation after a disabling illness or injury.
We work closely with you to make sure you’re given the best opportunity to reach your full potential. Our aim is to help you enjoy a lifestyle as active and independent as possible.
We specialise in rehabilitative services for people who have:
- neurological conditions (e.g. stroke, Parkinson’s disease, brain injury, dementia)
- orthopaedic issues
- difficulty with independent living due to various medical conditions.
- outpatient specialist clinics including general rehabilitation clinics
- gait retraining and balance class (physical training to improve walking)
- falls prevention
- upper limb therapy
- retraining in daily activities
- group based therapies
- speech, communication and swallowing management
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment program (speech pathology)
- cognitive retraining.
View the Rehabilitation Day Therapy Unit brochure for more information about the service.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing aids and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Location: Ground floor, Main Building, The Prince Charles Hospital
Phone: (07) 3139 4798
Fax: (07) 3139 6565
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Rehabilitation referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline:
1300 364 938
External health professionals can refer to us for allied health therapy by using the external referral form and faxing to CPI: 1300 364 952