(brain and nerve diseases)
We care for and treat people with general neurology disorders and rare nervous system conditions. We care for people with:
- motor neurone disease
- movement disorders.
We offer a comprehensive neurological service including:
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
Please note, any referrals received for specific neurological diagnostic testing will be performed at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing aids and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Specialist Outpatient Clinics
Location: Ground floor, Main Building, The Prince Charles Hospital
Phone: (07) 3139 4207
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Neurology referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline:
1300 364 938