Parking and transport
There are 3 multi-storey undercover carparks on the campus available. As they are privately owned, charges will apply at each carpark. Visit their websites for current fee rates and opening times.
There is no complimentary parking for visitors on the hospital grounds. Parking around the Herston area and the hospital complex is regulated and nearby streets is controlled. Some metered parking is available.
Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
Location: 20 Butterfield Street, next to the Ned Hanlon building
This is the closest carpark to the main entrance of the hospital. Visitor entry and exit is via Butterfield Street or the circular drive at the main entrance. An undercover walkway links this carpark to level 1 of the Ned Hanlon building
Contact: (07) 3252 4333
Cornerstone Parking Pty Ltd
Location: 325 Herston Road, Herston QLD 4006
Located at the junction of Gilchrist Avenue and Herston Road. This carpark is the closest to the mental health building, Block 7, Education Centre and QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute.
Contact: (07) 3034 0511. For Monthly Parking please call (07) 3034 0531
Bramston Terrace Metro Carpark
Location: Bramston Terrace (off Herston Road)
Contact: (07) 3257 2778
We have facilities to assist people with disabilities accessing the hospital. This includes:
- Reserved disabled parking bays in car parks
- Dedicated drop off zone at the front of the hospital for disabled parking. Please ask for assistance from a volunteer if you need to borrow a wheel chair
- Lifts are throughout the hospital for easy transport
- Disabled toilets are located on every floor. Please ask staff if you need further directions.
Pick up and drop off zone
There are 2 minute pick up/drop off areas for patients and visitors in the hospital grounds. They are located:
- In front of the main entrance of the hospital (of Butterfield Street)
- Outside the entry to the Joyce Twedell Building
- The entry to the Mental Health Unit.
People exceeding this two-minute limit may be fined. Parking fines apply for illegal parking in the hospital grounds.
Location: O’Connell Terrace, Bowen Hills
Royal International Convention Centre
Location: 600 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills
Contact: (07) 3253 3900
Parking around the Herston area and the hospital complex is regulated. There is no parking for visitors on the hospital grounds. Some metered parking in surrounding streets s available.
The nearest train stations are Brunswick Street station in Fortitude Valley or Bowen Hills station. Both stations are about 1km walk to Central Drive at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
For timetable information, call the TransLink Hotline on 131 230 or visit http://translink.com.au/.
A taxi rank is located at the main entrance to the hospital. This rank is close to the transit lounge and admission desk for the hospital. On request, the Ward Receptionist will telephone for a taxi to call for you at the transit lounge.
Free taxi phones are available in main reception areas including:
- Ground Floor Ned Hanlon building (Admission Desk)
- Level 4 Joyce Twedell Building (Cancer Care Admissions)
- Ground Floor Dr James Mayne Building (near Emergency)