The main entrance to The Prince Charles Hospital is located on the Ground floor of the Main Building, accessed via Rode Road. Hospital facilities can also be accessed via entrances on Webster and Hamilton Roads. If you are using a GPS to get to our hospital, use address 627 Rode Road, Chermside. There is no complimentary parking for visitors on the hospital grounds.
Patients or their primary carer may be eligible for concessions that enable discounted parking where commercial car parking fees apply.
Applications for discounted commercial parking can be made at: Admissions Desks, Outpatients Departments and Ward Reception Desks. View the concessional car parking flyer for more information.
There are 2 public carparks available on the campus. Both carparks are independently operated and charges apply. Patients and visitors are required to pay for their parking at the pay stations before returning to their vehicle. For more information on parking fees, please phone the carpark office on (07) 3350 6421.
Location: The large, undercover public carpark is next to the main entrance of the hospital, accessed via Rode Road.
Open: 4.45am – 11pm, 7 days a week
The pedestrian doors to the carpark close at 10.00pm on weekdays and 9.30pm on weekends. You will need to carry your parking ticket with you to access the car park after these times. View car parking fees.
Carpark Location: A small, open air car park for visitors and patients to the Palliative Care Unit is located north of the main hospital, accessed via Webster Road.
Open: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
We have facilities to assist people with disabilities accessing the hospital. This includes:
- Disabled parking spaces on the ground floor of the multi-storey carpark, with ramp access to the main hospital building and Private Practice Clinic.
- Disabled parking is also available in the carpark next to the Extended Care, Palliative Care and Day Procedure facilities.
Short term and emergency parking
Short-term parking bays are available:
- opposite main hospital entrance
- directly outside of and nearby the Emergency Department.
In the case of an emergency where you need to stay with an ill relative in the Emergency Department for a period of time, patients are encouraged to contact the hospital’s Security Services on (07) 3139 5908 via the triage nurse to arrange alternative parking as required.
Please note, parking on the hospital grounds must be within marked car parking bays. Penalties may apply for failure to comply with parking notices and conditions.
Pick-up and drop-off zone
There are 2 dedicated pick-up and drop-off areas at the hospital:
- drop-off zone outside the main entrance to the hospital, in front of the Main Building, accessed via Rode Road.
- drop-off and pick up area located at the front entrance of the Emergency Department.
These are strictly for dropping off and picking up. We ask that you be considerate of fellow patients and visitors by adhering to the sign guidelines.
Parking around the hospital campus is regulated. There are some free and metered parking in surrounding streets, accessed via Webster Road.
There are regular bus services to and around The Prince Charles Hospital.
Bus stop in the hospital precinct:
- The Prince Charles Hospital on Main Road; you can catch Route 354 from the hospital front entrance, on Main Road, to the Chermside bus station at Westfield Chermside.
Bus stops near the hospital:
- Rode Road, stop 36: Route 598 (Great Circle Line anticlockwise loop towards Indooroopilly) and Route 599 (Great Circle Line clockwise loop towards Chermside and Toombul)
- Webster Road, stop 38: Routes 325 and 335
- Hilltop Avenue near Rainey Street, stop 34b: Routes 334 and 354
- Wallace Street at Prince Charles Hospital, stop 35: 334, 354 and 598
- Hilltop Avenue at Prince Charles Hospital, stop 35: Routes 334, 354 and 599
- Hamilton Road at Farnell Street, stop 39: Routes 325, 335, 340 (high frequency) and 353.
Plan your journey with TransLink’s journey planner or call the TransLink Hotline on 131 230 for timetable information.
All of these stations are approximately 10 minutes by car or taxi to The Prince Charles Hospital:
- Nundah Station
- Toombul Station
- Virginia Station
- Sunshine Station
- Geebung Station.
For timetable information, call the TransLink Hotline on 131 230 or visit http://translink.com.au/.
A taxi rank is located at the main entrance to the hospital. Free taxi phones are located in the main foyer of the hospital near the Outpatients Desk and in the Emergency Department. Visitors to the Mental Health and Palliative Care Units, located at the back of the main hospital, should ask reception staff for assistance to call a taxi.