Sleep Disorders Centre
The Sleep Disorders Centre is a recognised leader in Queensland for managing patients with a variety of sleep conditions and respiratory failure. Outpatient clinics are available at The Prince Charles Hospital and the Caboolture Satellite Hospital.
We provide diagnostic and treatment services including:
- 6 bed sleep laboratory which performs sleep studies 7 nights a week
- outpatient sleep clinics (sleep medicine specialists, sleep nurse and scientific clinics)
- specialised clinics such as the Multidisciplinary Motor Neurone Disease Clinic
- an outreach Caboolture Hospital Sleep Scientist Clinic
- sleep psychology clinics
- telehealth and phone clinics
- sleep studies (diagnostic, treatment including Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) and bilevel titration)
- vigilance testing including mean sleep latency testing and maintenance of wakefulness testing
- long term management of patients with non-invasive ventilation including mouth piece ventilation for patients with neuromuscular disorders
- mask fitting and equipment troubleshooting
- management of patients staying in hospital with respiratory failure.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing aids and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
Location: Level 1, Main Building, The Prince Charles Hospital
Phone: (07) 3139 4803
Fax: (07) 3359 2192
Open: Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Sleep Medicine referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline:
1300 364 938