Allied Health careers
Our allied health professionals at Community, Indigenous and Subacute Services (CISS) work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary teams caring for our patients.
We have opportunities from graduate roles to experienced practitioners in the following allied health areas:
- Exercise Physiology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging
- Research funding and incentives to further study
- Professional development and clinical training
- Diverse career opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements, leave entitlements and paid study leave
Read the full list of benefits of working for Metro North Hospital and Health Service.
Career and professional development
We are committed to ensuring our allied health professionals reach their individual career goals. We have a range of opportunities for professional development.
- Research opportunities
- Training programs and events
- Graduate support and mentoring
- Interdisciplinary collaborations across MNHHS, local, national and international institutions
- Strong partnerships with local universities
- Annual staff excellence awards
- Local, state, national and international conferences
Requirements to practice
There are specific requirements to practice in Australia for allied health professionals. Find out information about requirements to practice for each discipline and for internationally qualified allied health professionals.
- Mandatory vaccinations
- Aged Care criminal history check
- Other pre-employment checks including working with children
Find out more about pre-employment requirements.
Are you an allied health new graduate looking for work? Some allied health services offer a comprehensive graduate program so you can put your knowledge into practice. Please note, not all allied health services have a graduate intake program.
Visit Queensland Government Graduate Portal to check the latest graduate round offers in your profession.
How to apply
If you are applying for an advertised allied health position, here are some tips for your job application.