We help you to make healthier decisions about managing your diabetes. Our service provides you with clinical knowledge and skills for self-management and prevention of diabetes-related complications.
We care for patients with:
- Type 1 diabetes (adults and children)
- Type 2 diabetes with complex needs
- Diabetes-related foot disease such as foot ulceration and charcot foot
- support inpatients at Redcliffe Hospital, Caboolture Hospital and The Prince Charles Hospital with complex needs and insulin initiation.
How to access this service
You can only access this service if you have been referred by a hospital clinician, Queensland Ambulance Service, GP or other healthcare provider. This is a clinic-based service only, we do not offer a home visiting service.
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the:
- Diabetes consultation service referral process
GP and Specialist Referral
Phone: 1300 658 252
Fax: (07) 3360 4822