Chronic Wound Care
Our Skin Integrity Service cares for and treats people who have wounds lasting more than 4 weeks.
Our dedicated team of doctors and nurses assess and treat people who have acute and chronic complex wounds that are not healing including:
- pressure ulcers
- lower limb ulcers
- palliative wounds
- slow to heal wounds.
How to access this service
This service is available only to patients who reside within the Metro North Catchment area.
Please contact your GP or medical practitioner to send a referral letter to the hospital. The letter should include up-to-date information about your treatment.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- Please bring any wound dressing products and/or compression stockings that you have at home.
- Please wear loose clothing if your wound is on your lower leg to allow easy access to the area.
- You are seen in order of appointment times. 2 people are usually booked in for each time slot.
- Your first appointment may take up to 2 hours for a complete assessment. The following appointments may take about an hour.
Location: Level 1, Dr James Mayne Building
Phone: (07) 3646 6738
Fax: (07) 3646 7212
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-3.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Wound Management referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938