Chronic Wound Care
Our Skin Integrity Service cares for and treats people who have wounds lasting more than 4 weeks.
Our dedicated team of doctors and nurses assess and treat people who have acute and chronic complex wounds that are not healing including:
- pressure ulcers
- lower limb ulcers
- palliative wounds
- slow to heal wounds.
How to access this service
We encourage you to request a referral from you doctor. You may also self-refer, which will require the service to contact your doctor for further clinical information such as test results or medical history.
If you would like to refer yourself, please email email@example.com
If you do have a referral letter, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send your referral letter to the hospital. The letter should include up-to-date information about your treatment.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- Please bring any wound dressing products and/or compression stockings that you have at home.
- Please wear loose clothing if your wound is on your lower leg to allow easy access to the area.
- You are seen in order of appointment times. 3 people are usually booked in for each time slot.
- Your first appointment may take up to 2 hours for a complete assessment. The following appointments may take about an hour.
Location: Level 1, Dr James Mayne Building
Phone: (07) 3646 6738
Fax: (07) 3646 7212
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-3.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Wound Management referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938