Queensland Eating Disorder Service (QuEDS)
The Queensland Eating Disorder Service (QuEDS), formerly known as the Eating Disorder Outreach Service (EDOS), provides assessment, care and treatment for people and their families affected by eating disorders. We also provide advice, support, training and education for health professionals.
The Eating Disorder Service provides advice, treatment and education services. These includes:
- Outpatient treatment services (for 18 years and older)
- QuEDS Day Program is an intensive program held for 4 days a week for 8 weeks (for 16 years and older).
View more information about our outpatient and day patient services for eating disorder recovery.
How to access this service
You need a Queensland eating disorder service referral form from your GP or other treating health professions to access this service. Your doctor will need to send your referral letter to the hospital.
We aim to see you as soon as we can. Once we receive your referral, there may be up to a 6 week wait for outpatient appointments.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Recovery goals and plan
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription and herbal medicine
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
Frequently asked questions
Print off the eating disorder referral form and take it to a health professional engaged with your child to discuss your concerns. Alternatively call our Intake service for advice on 3114 0809.
The Eating Disorder Association can provide a register of health professionals with a special interest in eating disorders.
Mental Health Centre
Phone: (07) 3114 0809
Fax: (07) 3100 7555
QuEDS Day Program
Location: 2 Finney Road, Indooroopilly
Specialist Consultation Clinic
Location: Outpatients Clinic, E Floor, Mental Health Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
We provide advice, support, training and education for health professionals.
- Phone intake service for clinicians. Open: Monday-Friday 9.00am-12.00pm and 1.00pm-4.00pm
- Specialist Consultation Clinic at RBWH. This clinic provides assessment service and treatment recommendations for referring GPs, located on E Floor, Mental Health Centre, RBWH
- Consultation-Liaison service for clinicians. This service is open Monday-Friday 9.00am-12.00pm and 1.00pm-4.00pm.
- Education and training service for clinicians.
- Treatment services
- Evidence based outpatient services (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy-enhanced, Specialist Supported Clinical Management) for 18 years and older
- QuEDS Day Program (8 weeks, 4 days a week) for 16 years and older.
Please see our list of resources for further information, or contact our intake line on (07) 3114 0809.