Hospital in the Nursing Home
We provide a hospital avoidance service to help patients from residential aged care facilities avoid unnecessary hospital admission.
Our nursing team screens, assesses and provides care coordination and care planning for residential aged care facility residents who visit the Emergency Department.
- Ease communication between the patient, their family, residential aged care facility health professionals, GPs and our emergency clinicians and staff
- Work with the patient, their caregivers and the broader healthcare team to coordinate a mutually acceptable patient centred plan
- Clinical advice and support
- Telephone and telehealth (using videoconferencing) advice for wound assessment, indwelling tube care, trial of voids and palliative care
- Follow up after discharge
How to access this service
You can access this service when you present to the Emergency Department.
Dr James Mayne Building
Phone: 0407 571 840
Need help outside hours?
Contact the residential Aged Care facility after-hours GP service.
In an emergency call 000
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, please contact us via phone or email.