Mobile Intensive Rehabilitation Mental Health
Mobile Intensive Rehabilitation Teams (MIRT) provide 7 days a week intensive specialist mental health interventions to consumers with complex mental health issues living in the community.
Mobile Intensive Rehabilitation Team services are provided for people over the age of 18 years with complex needs in the community. The service is for those who are currently provided with less intensive mental health clinician continuing care (previously called case management), but would benefit from higher intensity involvement to assist in functional recovery.
We see people who have been diagnosed with:
- severe and persistent mental illness
- co morbid secondary diagnosis of substance abuse
- severe personality disorder.
We support people who are at risk of frequent psychiatric crises which without the involvement of the MIRT service would require them to be frequently hospitalised in an acute unit or to receive extended care within a non-acute inpatient service.
We assist consumers who have severe difficulties in one or more of the following:
- enduring mental illness, including first presentation of mental illness, where rehabilitation needs are present
- reduced social integration due to the disabilities of mental illness
- difficulty remaining engaged with mental health services, impairing their ability to maintain
- treatment particularly where related to cognitive difficulties
- prolonged or multiple hospitalisations
- unstable accommodation
- establishing and/or maintaining social support systems which facilitate community inclusion,
- social functioning and maintenance of a safe living situation
- significant deficits in independent living skills.
We help by providing:
- extended hours service, on an outreach basis, through home visits and other community based interventions, to facilitate the rehabilitative process of transferring learned behaviours to support independent living
- assessment, recovery planning and intensive mental health psychosocial rehabilitation services for consumers who have complex mental health needs
- preventative help for people to manage crisis situations and provide supports to keep crisis from turning into unnecessary hospitalisations
- education to the consumer, their family and carers and support services
- engage, develop and maintain partnerships with local services and community groups
- services on a short term basis – taken on quickly to facilitate discharge home to the community OR
- long term basis for rehabilitation – 3 months or more.
How to access this service
You need a referral letter from a medical practitioner or internal referral to access this service. Your doctor will need to send your referral letter to the hospital.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Recovery goals and plan
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription and herbal medicine
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
Mental Health Centre
Phone: 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 22 55)