The Prince Charles Hospital’s mental health program provides an integrated community and inpatient service to people aged 18 years and older. We support the recovery of adults with mental illness through a range of assessment, treatment and support services.
We work with the consumer, their family/carer, community health, primary health and private sector health providers.
- Acute Care Team (Mental Health)
- Adult Inpatient Mental Health Service
- Community Care Unit
- Community Mental Health Services
- Early Psychosis Service
- Mobile Intensive Rehabilitation Service
- Older Persons Mental Health Service
- Resource Team (Mental Health Services)
- Restorative Practice
- Secure Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit
- Consumer and Carer Services – staff who have a lived experience of recovery from mental illness and those who have cared for people with mental illness. They relate, in a unique way, to consumer and carer personal experiences, needs and concerns.
Education and training
We are a major teaching service and have close links with a number of universities including the University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology, Griffith University and the Australian Catholic University.
Contact us or visit our careers page for more information.
Prince Charles Hospital Mental Health Volunteers program
The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH) Mental Health Volunteers program has been running as part of the TPCH Mental Health program since 2005. Well over 130 people have participated in the program and given their time, to help support and give hope to people affected by mental health problems.
The program consists of a considered selection process, orientation course, ongoing education and support.
The program welcomes all applications. Our volunteers to date have consisted of people from all walks of life. All our applicants have a common purpose and that is to help those with mental health issues. Some examples of people who have been volunteers include:
- people who have a lived experience wanting to give back for the help they received
- professional students wishing to gain experience
- carers, family members, people with an interest in mental health.
Volunteers visit usually once or twice a week for a few hours, helping around the facilities, listening and offering companionship and support to consumers of the service. The volunteer program runs to office hours, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.
For more information contact:
Phone: (07) 3881 6500
Phone: (07) 3881 6500
Mental Health (Building 5)
Mental Health Unit
Location: Ground floor, Building 5, The Prince Charles Hospital
Metro North Mental Health – The Prince Charles Hospital
General Information: 1300 642255 (1300 MHCALL)
Acute Assessment: 1300 642255 (1300 MHCALL)
Adult Inpatient Unit:
East Wing (07) 3139 4619
West Wing (07) 3139 4323
Acute Care Team: 1300 642255
Consultation Liaison Service: (07) 3139 4000
Extended Care Services
Secure Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit: (07) 3139 5735
Pine Rivers Community Care Unit: (07) 3881 6500
Community Mental Health Teams
Chermside: (07) 3139 6778
Nundah: (07) 3146 2555
Pine Rivers: (07) 3817 6400
Specialist Community Teams
Mobile Intensive Rehabilitation Team: (07) 3139 3210
Early Psychosis Team: (07) 3146 2589
Older Persons Team: (07) 3139 3212
Perinatal Mental Health: (07) 3146 2310
Resource Team: (07) 3139 4101
Consumer and Carer Services
Phone: (07) 3139 4561
Need help outside hours?
Call 1300 MH Call (1300 64 22 55).
In the case of an emergency call 000.