Nursing and midwifery
At Metro North, we have some of the best nurses and midwives in the country.
They are the backbone of our health service. In fact, they make up nearly half of our workforce with more than 7000 nurses and midwives delivering high quality care across our health service every day.
Our professional skills, innovative thinking and compassion are what make us an employer of choice and allow us to attract the highest calibre of nurses and midwives.
Graduate Registered Nurses and Midwives
We are committed to the employment and development of graduate registered nurses and midwives. You represent the future of healthcare and nursing and midwifery professions.
Start your career at Metro North Hopsital and Health Services, where our vision, mission and values always puts patients first.
Metro North Nurse Bank
Metro North is the first Hospital and Health Service in Queensland to establish a nurse bank of competent, experienced Nurses to work on a casual basis across the:
- Emergency Departments at The Prince Charles, Caboolture, Kilcoy, Redcliffe, and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Intensive Care units at The Prince Charles, Caboolture, Redcliffe, and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Coronary Care Units at The Prince Charles, Caboolture, Redcliffe and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Cardiac Catheter Laboratories at The Prince Charles and Royal Brisbane and Women’s hospitals
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Special Care Nurseries at Caboolture, Redcliffe and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Operating Theatre and Post Anaesthetic Care Units at The Prince Charles, Caboolture, Redcliffe and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
- Medical wards at The Prince Charles, Caboolture, Kilcoy, Redcliffe and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
- Surgical wards at The Prince Charles, Caboolture, Kilcoy, Redcliffe and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
- Community & Oral Health Directorate
We aim to provide a Nurse Bank that achieves an optimal balance between:
- Maintaining continuity of high quality patient-centred care, and
- Providing satisfying nursing experiences that result from being a member of our valued nursing team.
The Nurse Bank offers:
- An opportunity to work across Australia’s largest Hospital and Health Service which comprises leading Quaternary/Tertiary, Secondary/Regional and Rural hospital facilities
- Access to negotiated shifts to address emergent staffing deficits
- Access to short term contracts
- The ability to focus on building competence in your preferred, specialised field of nursing
- Continuing Profession Development (CPD) opportunities to assist in building capacity and demonstrated ongoing competency in your field of preferred practice
- The opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most recognised clinicians in the country in areas such as Trauma, Burns, Cardiothoracic’s, and Neonatology.
- The prospect of broadening your professional network
The MNHHS Nurse Bank is supported by Metro North’s Nursing leadership team , providing access to unit based clinical nurse educators, and access to ongoing CPD opportunities offered within all Metro North facilities.
MNHHS Nurse Bank includes:
- Paid corporate and workplace orientation and associated supporting resources
- Uniforms and award rate negotiated shifts
- 7 day a week access to MNHHS Nurse Bank telephone support
- Access to all MNHHS staff wellness programs and facilities
- Structured Professional Development opportunities
Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and full registration or membership with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA). Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
A minimum two recent years nursing experience as a Registered Nurse in your field of nursing expertise is highly desirable.
Although not mandatory, possession of a relevant post graduate qualification in your field of nursing expertise and/or completion of a relevant Transition Support Program is highly desirable.
Nurses are required to work variable shifts over a seven day week and are required to travel and work across Metro North facilities.