Post Acute Care Service
We provide care for people who have been discharged from hospital or an emergency department but who still require short term care and support. Services are provided in-home, by telephone or can be clinic based.
We offer services in a range of areas, including:
- education and support in managing your health condition
- education for falls prevention
- pain management
- medication management
- nutrition assessment and management
- post orthopaedic surgery care
- personal hygiene care
- support for patients with cognitive issues (e.g. provisional or confirmed diagnosis of dementia – crisis intervention, social support, carer issues)
- support with catheter care
- swallowing assessment and management
- wound management and stoma care.
You can access our short term services up to a maximum of 14 days after a hospital stay or presentation to an emergency department. Should you require longer term support, clinicians will help you access other services.
How to access this service
No external referrals are accepted for this service. You can only access this service by a referral from a hospital clinician at the end of your hospital or emergency department stay.