Research Excellence Awards 2019 announced
From the lab to the bedside, Metro North researchers are conducting ground-breaking research every day. Last night, our researchers were recognised for their stellar achievements at our annual Metro North Research Excellence Awards.
The awards attracted 73 outstanding submissions and showcases the diverse and far-reaching research projects conducted by individual researchers and teams from across all facilities.
Research is vital in driving change in clinical practice to improve patient outcomes, and it was a difficult task to select 28 finalists across six categories and 8 candidates for Researcher of the Year.
Congratulations to this year’s winners:
- Rising Star – Associate Professor Andrew Mallett
- Research Support – Dr Frances Kinnear
- Discovery & Innovation – Cardiology Clinical Research Centre – CATHARSIS
- Complex Health Challenges – Network for Orthopaedic Fracture Education and Research (NOFEAR) Unit
- Clinical Research – The Metro North Early Psychosis Service
- Health Services & Implementation – Nursing and Midwifery Research Centre Vascular Access (NMVA) Research Team
- Researcher of the Year – Professor Paul Colditz
- Chief Executive’s Award – Professor Joan Webster
The awards were sponsored by Union Health, QSuper, Health Professionals Bank, The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation and RBWH Foundation.
The night also saw the launch of the 2018 Snapshot of Research, a publication showcasing the rich diversity of Metro North research.