The awards attracted 73 outstanding submissions and showcases the diverse and far-reaching research projects conducted by individual researchers and teams from across all facilities.
Research is vital in driving change in clinical practice to improve patient outcomes, and it was a difficult task to select 28 finalists across six categories and 8 candidates for Researcher of the Year.
Congratulations to the winners.
Rising Star Award
Research Support Award
- Dr Merrilyn Banks
Discovery and Innovation Award
- The Radiation Oncology Medical Physics Research Group
Clinical Research Award
- Cardiology Clinical Research Centre – CATHARSIS
- RBWH Head and Neck Cancer Multidisciplinary Team
Complex Health Challenges Award
- Allied Health Research Collaborative
- The Qld Lung Transplant Service Research Team
Health Services and Implementation Research Award
- Orthopaedic and Neurosurgical Physiotherapy Screening Clinics Telehealth Team
- TPCH ‘Better Guts’ Multidisciplinary Research Group.
Researcher of the Year
Chief Executive’s Award
This is the fourth year we have held the Metro North Research Excellence Awards. The 2018 Research Excellence Awards attracted 77 high calibre submissions across seven categories.