Intern Positions available (2023): 94
Interns undertake three core rotations including medicine, surgery, emergency medicine and 15 weeks of elective rotations split into 5 and 10 weeks.
Our leaders support and encourage the growth of our interns during their first postgraduate year.
We offer the following elective terms to Interns:
- Geriatric Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Palliative Care
- Renal Medicine
- Paediatrics (Queensland Children’s Hospital)
- Additional Electives
- Medical Imaging
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
NB – all core terms can also be used as electives.
Benefits of being an intern at RBWH
The Centre for Medical Officer Recruitment and Education (CMORE) provides a number of services to support you through your first postgraduate year including:
- a comprehensive orientation
- protected teaching time
- flexible online mandatory training modules
- a peer mentoring program matching Interns with PGY2 and Registered Medical Officers (RMO)
- clinical units that meet accreditation standards and comply with the AMC medical internship framework and Medical Board of Australia
- Medical Education Officer and Director of Clinical Training support and advocacy
- access to short courses, workshops and educational opportunities
- facilitation of timely assessments and clinical unit evaluation.