Our service is now provide at the Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service (STARS) building at 296 Herston Rd, Herston.
Dermatology provides specialist consultation, diagnostic, treatment and management services for people with skin diseases. Conditions treated include:
- benign and malignant skin tumours
- inflammation of the skin
- dermatoses such as; psoriasis, eczema, linchen planus
- pigmented lesions
- skin infection
- undiagnosed chronic rash.
- Surgical Excision
- Patch Testing
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
After your hospital appointment
Your doctor may advise that you require surgery. If this is the case you will be placed on a surgical waiting list and may need to attend the Pre-admission Clinic before your surgery.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Clothing that is quick and easy to change in and out of for full skin examinations
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- An adult carer to support you and take you home
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney (if you have one)
- A jacket or cardigan in case you get cold
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- A smart phone, tablet or laptop, connecting earphones and chargers so you can connect to the free MetroNorth-PatientWiFi and access entertainment. Televisions may not be available for use.
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service (STARS)
Location: Level 3, Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service (STARS), 296 Herston Road, Herston
Phone: (07) 3497 3588
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Dermatology referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938