Clinical Immunology and Allergy
(disorders of the immune system including allergies)
We are a clinic for immunological conditions including allergies. We care for and treat patients with:
- immunological conditions: immunodeficiencies, autoimmune diseases (connective tissue diseases) and vasculitis.
- allergic conditions: , urticaria (hives), angioedema, rhinitis (hay fever), drug allergies, food allergies,allergic and stinging insect allergy.
Our services include:
- intravenous immunoglobulin infusions to treat patients with hypogammaglobulinaemia
- allergy skin testing and challenges
- an injection clinic for desensitization for patients with bee, wasp, grass, cat or house dust mite allergy
- patient education resources including house dust mite elimination and self-administration of adrenaline
- nutrition and dietetics advice for patients with severe urticaria and angioedema
- aspirin desensitization.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital. You will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- An adult carer to support you and take you home
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney (if you have one)
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney either or both
- Reading material for your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
Specialist Outpatient Services
Location: Level 1, Dr James Mayne Building
Phone: (07) 3646 4444
Fax: (07) 3646 7212
Open: Monday-Friday, 8.30am-5.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Immunology and Allergy referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938