General Practice Liaison
General Practice Liaison Officers (GPLOs) are medical officers with a general practice background who are part of a joint initiative between Metro North Hospital Health Service and Brisbane North PHN (the main primary care network in the Metro North region).
As part of Metro North Hospital and Health Service’s Strategy “Putting People First”, and the PHN’s organisational vision of “a community where good health is available for everyone” it is our role to support and enable our people to lead and deliver excellent patient-centred care and high quality services in order to change the face of health care.
The GPLO program has been identified as a key initiative in the development of connected health care across Metro North. By utilising the experience acquired through many years of delivering primary care services, our GPLOs provide an essential Primary Care perspective to care delivered in secondary care.
What we do
GPLOs are in a unique position to work with HHSs to provide guidance and support to both primary and hospital sectors. GPLOs work across a range services and hospitals and look to assist services by:
- enhancing appropriate clinical pathways between settings
- improving clinical handover and discharge from the hospital
- better integration of services
- identifying and addressing service gaps especially at the interface between primary and secondary care
- improve patient experience through continuity of care
- enhance communication between primary, community and hospital care (public and private).
For further information about or to engage with the GPLO program, please contact at MNGPLO@health.qld.gov.au