We are a major trauma service caring for injured patients from across Queensland.
The Trauma Service reviews:
- Patients with multiple injuries
- Patients with isolated injuries with high impact mechanism
- Chest trauma and injury
How to access this service
You do not need a referral letter from your doctor to access this service. Referrals are accepted internally, through the Emergency Department and from other hospitals.
What to bring
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
As a tertiary trauma centre we receive referrals from across Queensland. We work with multiple services to coordinate and improve the management of trauma patients.
- Consultation service
- Assist with trauma calls
- Ongoing health care management toward the shared goal throughout patient admission
- Liaising with various teams to optimise management
- Completion of tertiary surveys to improve earlier detection and management of delayed injuries
- Facilitate early rehabilitation and discharge planning
- Trauma data collection and categorisation for trauma prevention
- Quality improvement, training, research and epidemiology
Location: Level 2, Dr James Mayne Building
Phone: (07) 3646 0864
Fax: (07) 3646 7584
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.