Clinician Research Fellowships
The Program awards up to five Fellowship awards annually, specifically designed to allow Metro North’s emerging and highly skilled clinician researchers to develop and advance a body of research aligned to the Research Strategy to create a strong foundation of evidence-based healthcare.
The Fellowship funding provides four years of clinical backfill to allow recipients to enhance their research capacity. It’s an opportunity for Metro North’s brightest and most promising clinicians to delve deeper into their work and research.
The objectives of the Fellowships are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research by promising clinician researchers who are embedded within the Hospital and Health Service.
- promote enhanced opportunities for diverse career pathways by attracting and retaining our brightest and promising clinician researchers
- expand clinician-research capacity in a supportive and appropriately supervised research enabling hospital and health service environment
- enable capacity building and clinician-researcher mentoring, leadership and supervision capabilities
- for the duration of the Fellowship be employed with Metro North, appointed to a minimum of 0.2FTE clinician duties
- meet the definition of clinician researcher, as per the Guidelines
- nominate at least one appropriately qualified supervisor
- provide a proposal to develop and undertake a body of research aligned with the Metro North Research Strategy 2017-2022 to be undertaken at, or significantly associated with, Metro North Health facilities and/or directly involve Metro North Health patients and community
- meet the rest of the eligibility criteria in the Guidelines
- Applications Open: Monday, 18 July 2022
- Applications Close: Monday, 29 August 2022
- Shortlisted Interviews: Monday, 17 October 2022
If you wish to pursue any of these opportunities, or other schemes not listed please be in contact.
Phone: 07 3647 9635