Designed for both clinical and non-clinical staff, every aspect of this program’s development is being influenced by Metro North Health Staff and Executive feedback to equip you with contemporary, leading-edge knowledge and skills to meet our current and future needs as a health service. You will learn how to design and lead change through projects and change agendas.
The Graduate Certificate in Health Services Innovation integrates authentic assessment tasks focused on the application of knowledge and skills across four courses:
- Australian healthcare systems, reform and change innovation
- This course focuses on the Australian and international healthcare systems to particularly focus and examine the necessity and opportunities for expanded and improved ways of enabling reform, change, and stimulation of an innovation culture and set of opportunities.
- Leading innovation and development in healthcare
- This course combines the critical elements of leadership, facilitating an innovative culture, and achieving successful implementation. Learners will have opportunity to reflect on their own leadership styles, flexibility and adaption of leadership competencies and behaviours in different situations and settings.
- Health economic evaluation
- In this course, students will learn the principles of economic evaluation, how to critically appraise economic evaluations and how economic evaluations can inform value-based decision making. Students will be introduced to economic evaluation approaches such as cost effectiveness, cost utility and cost benefit analysis in assessing various healthcare interventions to guide decision making and setting priorities.
- Health improvement evidence and implementation project
- This course focuses on innovation and implementation science in the healthcare setting and on the use of improvement and implementation frameworks and methods that can be put into practice. Participants will practically design, implement and evaluate improvement and change projects.
Delivered part-time over two years, this Graduate Certificate is offered in a blended learning mode, which combines online, self-directed and face-to-face workshops (delivered at Griffith University’s Southbank Campus) in work time.
You will need to complete self-directed learning for assessments and to prepare for each highly interactive workshop day. The workshops provide opportunities for you and your cohort colleagues to facilitate deeper understanding of the material and build rapport with your fellow change makers of all professions from throughout the health service.