Metro North Oral Health Services (MNOHS) is one of the largest providers of public oral health services in Queensland. We pride ourselves on delivering safe, sustainable and appropriate oral health to the community.
If you’re looking to start your career in oral health or seeking to expand your skills and experience, MNOHS offers a range of jobs in a variety of settings. You have the opportunity to work in one of our dedicated oral health facilities, community and school-based clinics and hospitals including the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, The Prince Charles Hospital, Redcliffe Hospital, Caboolture Hospital and Kilcoy Hospital.
We have four clinical divisions which provide high quality general and emergency dental care to eligible patients:
- Brisbane Dental Hospital and Adult Specialist Services
- Children’s Oral Health Service, Child Specialist Services and Child and Adolescent Oral Health Services
- General Practice Oral Health Services (Adults)
- Oral Health Centre
MNOHS is accredited with The Australian Council on Healthcare Standards.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, generous superannuation and salary packaging
- Direct referral to specialist services and support
- Research opportunities
- Professional development support and diverse career opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements, leave entitlements and paid study leave
Read the full list of benefits of working for Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS).
Career and professional development
We offer diverse career pathways and professional development opportunities to support our dental and oral health professionals on their journey of lifelong learning.
- Interdisciplinary collaborations across MNHHS, local, national and international institutions
- Training programs and events
- Annual staff excellence awards
- Strong partnerships with local universities and vocational education providers (UQ, Griffith and TAFE)
- Teaching and student supervision opportunities through the Oral Health Alliance with the University of Queensland School of Dentistry
Requirements to practice
Dentists, dental specialists, dental therapists, oral health therapists and dental prosthetists are required to register with the Dental Board of Australia. Find out information about requirements to practice for Australian and internationally trained dentists.
Dental Assistants are required to hold a Certificate III level qualification.
- Mandatory vaccinations
- Criminal history check
- Other pre-employment checks including working with children
Find out more about pre-employment requirements.
Find a job
Express your interest
Would you like to join our casual pool or would you like to know more about our student placement opportunities? Get in touch by sending an email to MNOHS_Directorate@health.qld.gov.au with ‘Dental Recruitment’ in the subject line.