Corporate and support services careers
The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH) is part of Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS), the largest and most diverse health service in Queensland. We represent one of Australia’s most dynamic workforces, employing more than 17,900 people in clinical, non-clinical and support roles.
We have a range of opportunities in the following areas:
- The Prince Charles Hospital
- Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Redcliffe Hospital
- Caboolture Hospital and Kilcoy Hospital
- Community, Indigenous & Subacute Services (CISS)
If you’re looking to start your career in public health or looking for the next challenge, we have a range of opportunities in:
- clerical and executive support
- health promotion and health information
- human resources
- policy development
- information communication technology (projects and support)
- media and communications.
We also employ:
- legal officers
- coronial counsellors
- quality advisors
- project managers
- environmental health officers
- senior executives.
Express your interest
Would you like to join our Administration Officer Relief Pool? Express your interest by sending your resume with 2 referees and cover letter to MNHHS-AOreliefpool@health.qld.gov.au. Your expression of interest will be considered as opportunities arise.
The recruitment process involves:
- Literacy and numeracy assessment
- Computer competency
- Task observation assessment
- Formal interview process.
Successful applicants are required to work across MNHHS, which includes five hospitals and 11 community centres.
We welcome your submission of an Expression of Interest – please do not hesitate to contact the Coordinator MNHHS AO Relief Pool on (07) 3624 1205.
Protective Services includes Security Services and the Occupational Violence Prevention Unit. Security services prevent crime and disruption while protecting persons and property at all MNHHS facilities. The service maintains an environment without fear and intimidation allowing staff, patients and visitors to continue daily activities.
Send your resume to MNHHS-Protective-Services_Manager@health.qld.gov.au to be considered for future vacancies.
- Possession and ongoing maintenance of a current Class “C” Australian Drivers Licence is mandatory
Hours of work
You will be required to work all shifts (days, afternoon, evenings and nights) all year round in accordance with the unit roster.
Positions are allocated based on vacancy rather than hospital of choice. Please keep in mind you may be allocated at any hospital or facility within MNHHS.
Our Food Services staff assist with the preparation, plating and distribution of meals to patients on the wards. The service plays an important role in healthcare delivery by providing meals according to the individual needs and dietary requirements of patients and maintaining food safety and hygiene.
If you’d like to join the Food Services team at TPCH, send your resume to TPCH-Food Services@health.qld.gov.au
Operational Services Offices are responsible for a wide range of support services to both clinical and non-clinical areas, including cleaning, porterage (moving patients within the hospital) and waste services. This position reports to the Senior Supervisor and is directly accountable for the provision of high quality services supplied over a 24 hour period.
If you’d like to be part of our Patient Support team at TPCH, please send your resume to TPCH-Operational Services@health.qld.gov.au
What we offer
- Competitive salary, generous superannuation and salary packaging
- Professional development and diverse career opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements, leave entitlements and paid study leave
Read the full list of benefits of working for MNHHS.
Career and professional development
- Training programs and events
- Support and mentoring
- Interdisciplinary collaborations across MNHHS, Queensland Health, local, national and international institutions
- Strong partnerships with local universities
- Annual staff excellence awards
- Local, state, national and international conferences
- Mandatory vaccinations (does not apply to some Corporate, Administration and Retail Service jobs)
- Criminal history check
- Other pre-employment checks including working with children
Find out more about pre-employment requirements with Queensland Health.
How to apply
If you are applying for an advertised position, here are some tips to help you with the process.
Operational Support Service
Find a job
Find current corporate and support vacancies on Smart Jobs.