Our Physiotherapy Department provides a specialised service to people who have difficulty moving as a result of injury, disease or life changes.
We aim to improve your physical movement and prevent further problems by:
- providing pain relief
- enhancing your movement patterns
- restoring your joint range and muscle function
- helping you recover from surgery
- promoting functional independence.
Our physiotherapists are highly trained in a wide range of treatments and techniques including:
- manual therapy
- movement re-education
- breathing exercises and techniques
- electrophysical agents
- individualised exercise and education classes.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Location: Level 2, Ned Hanlon Building
Phone: (07) 3646 4319
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Our Physiotherapy department provides tertiary services for patients with:
- neurological conditions
- persistent pain
- oncological and musculoskeletal conditions
- respiratory complications
- hand injuries
- urinary and faecal incontinence from pelvic floor dysfunction.
Research, education and training
Our world leading research program focuses on finding new and better ways to care for our patients. We are proud to have a long tradition of educating and training the next generation of physiotherapists in Queensland. We offer pre-entry and postgraduate education and training. Contact us or visit our careers page for more information.