Our Physiotherapy Department provides a specialised service to people who have difficulty moving, as a result of an injury or medical condition.
- Musculoskeletal Joint & muscle problems.
- Post fracture & Orthopaedic surgery.
- Respiratory conditions.
- Amputee rehabilitation.
- Pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Women’s health (Antenatal/Post natal care & post surgical rehabilitation).
- Urinary and Faecal incontinence due to pelvic floor dysfunctions.
- Neurological conditions.
- Persistent pain.
- Hand conditions.
- Vestibular (dizziness) disorders.
Depending on your condition, treatment may include:
- Education & advice.
- Exercise to improve strength & stability.
- Enhance movement patterns.
- Helping you recover from surgery and promoting functional independence.
- Manual therapy (“hands-on” treatment including joint mobilisation, soft tissue mobilisation & stretches).
- Supervised exercise classes in gymnasium & hydrotherapy.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to fax a referral to Central Patient Intake (CPI) on 1300364952.
Your referral is reviewed & categorised depending on your medical condition. There may be a waiting period before your treatment is commenced, depending on the demand for services.
If your condition worsens while waiting for treatment, please see your GP.
- If you have private health insurance (with extras) or are entitled to Compulsory Third party insurance, Work Cover or Veteran affairs, you can receive treatment external to RBWH sooner at a private physiotherapy clinic, however please be aware that a a gap fee may be payable. You may also qualify for five allied health sessions per year through a Medicare funded Enhance Primary Care Plan (EPC) which is accessed through your GP.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter..
- Any special items listed on your letter.
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant).
- Wear or bring appropriate clothing to allow examination of the area to be treated.
Location: Level 2, Ned Hanlon Building
Phone: (07) 3646 4319
Fax: (07) 3646 1665
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-5.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.